Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Orange + Blue

I planned this outfit around this dress I recently thrifted. I've just recently gotten back into thrifting, and I've found some really awesome pieces. I layered my clear vinyl harness by Gnat Brilmyer over the top; you can buy one on Etsy. It was given to me by my best friend Dori. Wearing a harness is like wearing a belt and a necklace at the same time; I love how this piece can totally transform a garment. 

I'm also sporting my new Kenzo bag in this look. It's my latest and greatest Ebay find, and I got an awesome deal on it! Kenzo is probably my favorite brand right now. All of their pieces have great prints and patterns, complimented by edgy details, like the zippers and snaps on the bag.

The lip gloss I'm wearing is a cheap one I found at a beauty supply store. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect blue lipstick, ever since my favorite shade of the MAC Pro Paint-stick was discontinued. Does anyone know of any good brands to try? I'm looking for a light blue, super matte lipstick.

Dress, thrifted. Jacket, Peter Pilotto for Target. Shoes, YRU. Bag, Kenzo. Black and white bracelet, Anthropologie. Eyeball/flower bracelets, Candies x Girl with the Flower. Sunglasses, Buffalo Exchange. Headband, handmade by me.

11 comments:

  1. You look beautiful with these colors! ^-^
    Great outfit as always!

    http://www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. those colours omg <3 kenzo in a jungle is the perfect pairing!

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out the Lime Crime brand. They have some pretty amazing matte lip colors. ArdenRose on youtube did a review recently

    ReplyDelete
  4. tbh, i'm so obsessed with your outfits! UGH. I love that dress. top notch! i need one of your flower headbands in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the lip color, I've been SUPER lusting after the light blue OOC lip tar. I swatched it on the back of my hand in sephora about a month ago and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since! I'd definitely recommend checking them out, they have a lot of crazy colors and you can test them all, unlike NYX Macaron lipsticks or lime crime's, even though I've heard both are also great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would kill for that harness, I don't have ze money... do you take potatoes as dollars? O_O

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cool! I love that lip shade and the dress is great too. XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. The patterns and textures in here are out of this world. You also have mastered the perfect facial expression for these photos.

    Love it.

    http://sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can always try making your own lipstick with crayons. That way you can combine the colors until you have a perfect blue for you.

    Theatricality by Mariah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!