Friday, July 12, 2013

Jelly Shoes

These blue JuJu Jellies are one of my recent purchases, and I cannot get enough of them! I've been wearing them nearly every day since they arrived in the mail. I had worried that they would be too sweaty and uncomfortable, because they're entirely made of jelly material. I've actually found them to be very comfortable. It's fun to wear them with cute socks, like these psychedelic marble ones.
I'm also sporting my Oasap Purple Peplum Top in this outfit. It was gifted to me from Us Trendy Indie Fashion Marketplace, which I mentioned in my last post. It's so cute... with the bow and the peplum and the sleeves... basically the epitome of kawaii. Plus, the periwinkle color is absolutely beautiful!
I've been really into nail art recently... I feel like I'm constantly repainting my nails! And I've started doing my moms nails too! I painted these cute watermelons on my nails a few days ago. Unfortunately, they're not lasting very well with all the DIYing and crafting I've been doing recently!
A jelly close-up
I found this little creepy doll necklace at a vintage store in NYC.
This poodle purse is from the kid's section of TJ Maxx. I snagged it for $9.99. Originally, it had a pink metallic handbag strap, but I switched it out for something a little bit more mature. I love incorporating child-like, fun elements into the way I dress now. Fashion is supposed to be fun!


A watermelon nail close-up!

Top, Oasap c/o US Trendy. Shorts, Urban Renewal (borrowed from my friend Jane). Jellies, JuJu from Dolls Kill. Sunglasses, c/o Giant Vintage. Earrings, Betsey Johnson. Headband, corsage, handmade by me.

7 comments:

  1. Nice!! I loved my gladiator jelly sandals that I had in the late '90s! They were transparent lime green with glitter. I sure do miss them, and wearing them with the right socks is a very smart idea!

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute outfit and the colour is so captivating. Your nails are so funky and I'm going to try doing that too! I love jellies, they're so convenient when it's raining:)

    www.theclosetopener.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit - its gorgeous. The necklace and the bag are a great touch and your nails are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the editing on these photographs is perfect <3
    P.S. the creepy doll is a "Liddle Kiddle" and they were made in like 40s and 50s :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the exact same shoes from JuJu! I don't plan on wearing them bare-footed as it will be far too uncomfortable, so I've been styling them with cute frilly socks (just to add to the nostalgia)! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love jelly shoes! Yours are amazing, I wish I had a pair! They go fantastically with your crazy socks and your nails are really cute too!
    remarkableramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!