Monday, March 4, 2013

Brave the cold

The winter weather in Nashville is terribly unpredictable. One week, the weather will be warm and sunny, and the next... freezing cold and snowing. This past weekend, when it was particularly cold, I braved the snow in my plush cow coat.
I'm really into this look of monochromatic yellow and gold accessories. This "Yellow Googly Eye Headband" is for sale on my Etsy Shop.
I've been into nail art lately. For this manicure, I painted all my nails different colors, layered glitter polish on the top, and used nail glue to attach little clay charms from the beauty supply store.
I recently bedazzled and googly-eyed these shoes from Target. I love the look of the eyes on the toes and the clusters of rhinestones on the heels.
Jeans, Blank NYC. Coat, Vintage from Goodwill. Shoes, DIYed shoes from Target. Cow skull ring, Nordstrom. Rhinestone ring, Michael's. Earrings, T.J. Maxx. Lipstick, Lime Crime in "Serpentina." Headband, handmade by me.

6 comments:

  1. Just wait until you live in RI...then you'll find out what unpredictable weather is really like!

    I love what you did to those boots - totally rocks.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man your nails are so cool! I wish i had the patience to do such cool nail art <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love the entire outfit plus that rad hairband!


    www.anisacrament.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're having crazy weather in Georgia too! The past week it's been below 40, and now it's supposed to get into the 60s today. I am totally gonna try doing nail art like that. And I'm wondering, do you wear the stick on jewels in the middle of your forehead to school or just for the photos?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like how the shoes look like theyre staring at you :o
    -illyana
    doublepierceme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!