Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Shark Attack

I recently borrowed this vintage shirt from my fashionista friend, Jane Robertson (check out her Lookbook.nu account). The super cool print served as the inspiration for this outfit. I love how the pattern coordinates with the bleached-out jeans.
I decided to wear this "Shark Attack" headband to unify the color scheme.
I bought this Frida Kahlo bag on a trip to Mexico in middle school, and it's still one of my favorites. Gotta love Frida!
I also recently painted my nails, and I decided to try polka dots. A friend and I used a Sally Hansen nail pen to paint the dots.
Shirt, vintage (borrowed from friend). Jeans, DIY. Vest, Target. Shoes, vintage from Goodwill. Frida Kahlo Bag, from a street vendor in Mexico. Bracelets, Joann's. Spike Bracelet, Forever 21. Earrings, T.J. Maxx. Sunglasses, sent to me from Giant Vintage. Headband, Corsage, handmade by me. 

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE Frieda Kahlo! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unusually, awesomely kool! I like the multi patterns/prints/textures, very ethnic-kitsch, very exotic and vibrant. I can tell you're a risk taker by wearing such an opaque neon lilac on the lips but guess what, it suits you! :) xx

    nancywilde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so fabulously creative and your outfits always make me really excited and I just want to go and dive into my wardrobe and hopefully emerge looking as amazing as you. That shark attack headband is brilliant, I love sharks...xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. your nails were super cute and i liked the spiked bracelet :)
    -Illyana
    doublepierceme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the coolest person alive.

    Gabi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you so effortlessly mix unexpected textures like your shirt and vest. You are such an inspiration to me every morning that I get ready!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I've already commented once but i wanted to know if you've seen the Louise Gray fall collection. it reminded me of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lkjminhubgztvfrdctr TOO PERFECT OMG. I LOVE THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing. I love the colors!

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the polka dots! they remind me of the artwork by yayoi kusama

    i am following your blog and it would mean so much if you followed mine :)

    http://originalclothingdesign.blogspot.com/

    maddy

    ReplyDelete
  11. The color combo of the earrings and lipstick are sooooo gorgeous
    nicolakilledme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy crap. I actually want to marry your style. You look incredible. The Kahlo bag in particular is all kinds of amazing.
    Betti xx
    www.torchthetreasure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!