Thursday, January 3, 2013

Rebel Grrrl

For this look, I was channelling rebellious 1960s schoolgirl vibes. This dress is from this really amazing vintage and antique store in Knoxville called Nostalgia. I bought it at the beginning of last summer, but I didn't wear it too much, because it's way to hot to wear synthetic fibers during Tennessee summers. I've been meaning to shorten it a few inches, but I have yet to get around to that. Today, I just used a skinny belt to bring up the length of it a bit. The shape seems 60s to me, but the print seems 70s. I layered my new motorcycle jacket over the top. It was a Christmas gift from my lovely parents. 


I accessorized the look with the earrings I wore to prom last year and flowery accessories that are both for sale on my Etsy Shop!!

I love how these super prim socks look with these heels (continuing the rebellious schoolgirl vibes). I'm currently really into the look of frilly little girl socks. So I was excited I found these girls XL socks for $2.99 at a beauty supply and wig store in downtown Nashville. I was there to look for a wig for a photo project, and I came across a lot of really interesting things, in addition to a pastel purple wig! I'll be posting it soon! 
Dress, vintage from Nostalgia in Knoxville. Jacket, Jafrum. Shoes, J. Renee. Socks, Beauty Supply. Bag, Cambridge Satchel Company. Earrings, Betsey Johnson. Sunglasses, Pangaea. Headband, handmade by me. Corsage, handmade by me. Lipstick, Lime Crime in "Mint to Be."

9 comments:

  1. :o you got a Cambridge satchel monogrammed? cool! I love the outfit by the way, especially the dress, it reminds me of sorbet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! Those rings are amazing. Want them all:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coordinating green colours of your lipstick, sunnies and bag! And that retro print dress is so wicked! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously cannot get enough of your style Zoe! I especially love the Cambridge Satchel and the almost Roger Vivier for Dior New Look shoes :D

    theearnestaddiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. your eyebrows are so iconic , I love the frida kahlo ring

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg!!! love love the eye ring!! you look lovely !


    www.anisacrament.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaagh YOU LOOK SO CUTE!!! your headband is AMAZING (as always, duuuh) and so is that dress. those colours, grrrl. they. are. awesome ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress really is gorgeous!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. in love with your lipstick and they're the cutest socks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!