Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

These photos were shot by Darcy Haylor, a Brooklyn-based artist/photographer/filmmaker and a dear friend of mine. She visited me in Nashville this past weekend and was kind enough to take some blog photos for me. Darcy is incredibly talented; I consider her to be the queen of film photography. Darcy has also created some incredible film and multimedia work. She's a senior in high school, and I'm super excited to see where she ends up! This girl is going places! Be sure to check out her website and Tumblr.
I met Darcy at a Pre-College Program at the Rhode Island School of Design. Speaking of which, I'm excited to announce that I have been accepted to the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD)! Next year, I will be relocating to Providence, Rhode Island to pursue a college education in fine arts. Words cannot express how excited I am about this opportunity!








Dress, RACHEL Rachel Roy. Top, J. Crew. Tights, Calvin Klein. Motorcycle Jacket, Jafrum. Shoes, thrifted from Goodwill. Necklace, Claire's Accessories. Earrings, Forever 21. Sunglasses, Savant Vintage Couture. Headband, handmade by me. Lipstick, MAC Pro Paintstick in "Cyan."


ALSO! MORE EXCITING NEWS! I'm in the current issue of Teen Vogue! I participated in an interview about a month ago, so I knew this was coming. But I was so surprised/excited/shocked to discover my picture on page 55 when I stopped at a Walgreens last Saturday! I encourage all of you to go buy a copy! The picture in print is from a post last January.

6 comments:

  1. OMG the retro boots , they're rad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your backdrop here looks great :) And woohoo for you being in teen vogue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the Teen Vogue article and for getting into RISD! I live about 5 minutes away from RISD. :)

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the jacket and those boots are so cool! Congrats on the feature:) You had such great responses to the questions. I'm in the article as well on your left side!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing new look!!!! new follower:D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!