Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Marbled

I bought this kimono jacket from H&M while I was living in Providence, Rhode Island this past summer. I was immediately drawn to the colorful agate/marble pattern. The fabric is just too beautiful for words, and it's a really fun layering piece. For this look, I contrasted the organic nature of the jacket with structured button-down. 

I matched the layered top half with some American Eagle skinny jeans from my days as a middle schooler. I accessorized the look with the Betsey Johnson earrings I bought for Prom last year and my trusty handmade butterfly hat. Also, a polka dotted bangle.. cause I'm going through a polka dot obsession.

I really love the look of buttoned-up collared shirts, and I've recently discovered large dress shirts from the boy's department of Ralph Lauren fit me perfectly. The boy's shirts have a boxier shape and a more retro feel to me. I don't really like the fit of women's blouses- too many darts and too much structure. 



These shoes are my proudest Black Friday find. I ordered them from Solestruck.com during their mega sale after thanksgiving. I had been stalking them for a while, and I really like the look of clear shoes. Plus, clear shoes give me a great excuse for cute socks. They are a bit impractical, but whatever! They're fun!

White jeans, American Eagle.  Button-down, Ralph Lauren Polo (from the boy's department). Kimono jacket, H&M. Socks, Bangle, Forever 21. Earrings, Betsey Johnson. Shoes, Jeffrey Campbell. Sunglasses, gifted to me by the lovely folks at Giant Vintage. Hat, handmade by me (Similar headbands and corsages on my Etsy Shop!).

8 comments:

  1. I just--- um.

    I am collapsing from all this awesomeness and I really can't find words.

    Those shoes. And your hat. I love this so, so , so much. I am so happy when you are posting something, it makes me smile and I love your blog so much. <3 I hope I am able to express what I am feeling - it's kinda hard, ya know.

    birdiewearsatie.blogspot.com

    PS: I am incredibly honored to have you as a reader of my blog. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your jacket, it kind of reminds me of paint mixed together. that and cuts of gemstones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat. WAAT. Those shoes are so good and perfect. SEE-THROUGH THINGS ARE DA BEST. You are da best? That flower crown AWESOME too. Baaaaaaah i just like this whole outfit???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your hat - I was wondering if you had any tips on making them?

    For instance, what did you use as the base of the hat / what you used ot attach them.

    Thnakyou for your time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the earrings and the dark lips. would you like to follow eachother? xx

    http://scattergirll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing! Love your look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice jacket! Mh blog is kind of random but here it is anyways. http://evaidea.wordpress.com/
    Just in case you see this, check it out. Your Teen Vogue magazine interview. It was pretty true. 🐱

    ReplyDelete
  8. Volcanic ensambles or what!
    May I admire you again today?
    Thanks for being so rad Zoe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!