Wednesday, August 3, 2011

12th South

These shoes are from Marti & Liz, which a discount shoe store, similar in theory to a Marshalls, T.J. Maxx, Stein Mart, etc. Basically, they buy unsold merchandise from designers. The designer, in this case, is Donald Pliner. I'm not necessarily a huge Donald Pliner fan, but I fell head over heels (teeheehee) for the versatile pea green color and faux snakeskin detailing. When styling, the pea green hue can be treated as either a green or a yellow. In this case, it can almost work as a neutral as well-- the shade has gray undertones.
Speaking of things with multiple functions, the dress I'm wearing literally coordinates with everything. I added it to my wardrobe last spring. Since then, I have layered it with countless tops, tee shirts, jackets, and sweaters... I've worn it long and short, with the help of a belt... I've worn it as a top... I've even worn it as a jumpsuit! The dress has a draped panel, which is sewn into the dress in the front and back of the neckline. It can go on either side, through the middle, around my shoulders, twisted around my waist... the possibilities are endless.
These photos were taken in May during the massive cicada invasion. This post has so few photos, because most of my photos are shots of me running... like this one, for example.

A Jean Paul Gaultier for Target dress; vintage top from Goodwill; studded belt from Target; silver necklace borrowed from my mom; sunglasses from a boutique in Savannah, Georgia; Donald Pliner shoes; Fish purse from the Santa Fe farmer's market; Flowers from Forever 21 and h&m

6 comments:

  1. LOVING your play with prints!! The necklace and the shoes were a great addition! :)

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZOE!!! you look extremely beautiful! and extremely pale!!! Pure gorgeousness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a interesting combo. I really like your funky and eccentric outfit. The shoes are a nice and interesting color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!