Monday, April 25, 2011

Sequins, Flowers, and Polka Dots

I've been absent for far too long... it's been like, a week and half since my last post! What's up with that??! Lately, I've been out of town, and I've been working on a lot of art for my school classes. BUT, I'm back... and ready to rock and roll!
When I bought this skirt at Goodwill ages ago, I was going through a terrified-of-wearing-anything-that-fell-below-the-knee phase, and I immediately hemmed off several inches. I sort of regret that decision now, but luckily, I saved the remnants. The skinny strip of fabric is a nice makeshift belt for when your outfit kind of-sort of goes together, but not really... (like today, cough, cough). At first, I was a bit skeptical about this outfit, but I'm liking it more and more. I just felt like wearing a lot of color, I suppose.




Also, new glasses! I bought them this past weekend in Baltimore. I was visiting the Maryland Institute College of Art, and I made some time for museums and shopping. They are from the store at the American Visionary Art Museum. I also bought the same pair in an apple green shade... get excited!
A closeup of my fabric remnant/belt...
Skirt/Belt, vintage from Goodwill. Top, vintage Laurence Kazar from Goodwill. Shoes, Sam Edelman. Glasses, Sideshow. Flowers, Forever 21 and h&m.

7 comments:

  1. So cute- love those glasses. And I am sure they are smashing in green too,
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Lovely outfit and your glasses look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic outfit!

    I like how your skirt and belt matched! You clever girl.

    Kats, xo

    www.theyoungbridgetjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing outfit! I love your top. Baltimore is a pretty cool city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome outfit. no, not troo much colours in it. i's just perfect on you!

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit!
    You have a really unique style that I look for in the fashion bloggers I follow.
    Seriously, keep up the good work, I love your style.

    <3 Maya
    ctad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!