Thursday, January 13, 2011

Think Pink!

I purchased this vintage dress at Goodwill recently, and I've been struggling with how to wear it. My pink lace tights seemed to be the perfect solution, until I snagged them last weekend.
I'm also considering altering it... maybe switching out the buttons or cropping it into a top. The bright gold buttons limit the versatility of the dress. A black or a bright solid color would be more suited towards the look I'm going for... possibly a hot pink? A pop of bright pink adds an element of modernity to the otherwise dated style of the dress.
The print and the floppy bow certainly are the selling points of the dress.
Vintage dress/ Forever 21 headband, glasses, bracelet/ Sam Edelman booties/ Mulberry for Target Bag/ Vintage cummerbund belt
Worn with M.A.C. Cosmetics Process Magenta lip pencil and Red Electric pigment powder.

11 comments:

  1. I like it a lot!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.goodwillhuntingg.com

    Runway Inspiration: Dolce & Gabbana

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic blog,follow you,follow me????

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Mulberry for target bag is so nice!
    xoxo
    Catita

    ReplyDelete
  4. im in love with that mulberry and your cat-eyed sunnies !

    glisters and blisters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful look, love your style! Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have awesome style..and i looove your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the dress its such a good find. ive never found anything so lovely in a charity shop before. it looks great on you too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute leopard print bag! I thought it was Betsey Johnson till I saw it was from Target! I've been looking for a cute giraffe pattern handbag .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that bag! The mulberry collection is so cute! Too bad we don't have Target up in Canada! :(
    Brooke, www.snowingLove-bd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!