Monday, January 10, 2011

Edgy Schoolgirl

I've had this dress since seventh grade. I wore it in my middle school talent shows when I performed magic. I was quite the little magician back in those days...
I found the dress on the Belk sale rack for a ridiculously low price, and I've gotten more wear out of it than I ever imagined I would. Last friday, I wore it to dinner at a trendy restaurant in downtown Nashville. I wore my pink lace tights, but they were snagged by my shoe on the way out the door. So I switched them out for some white lace tights (it's kind of hard to see them against the background). The white further illustrates the look I was going for.
The outfit was vaguely inspired by Spring 2010 Miu Miu. But I was also going for the contrast between the schoolgirl-esque and the edgy.
Schoolgirl... button-down, tights, and glasses.
Edgy... sequins, studs, bag, and zebra necklace.





Dress- French Connection/ Tights- Target/ Shoes- Aldo/ Headband, Necklace, Glasses, Bracelet- Forever 21/ Ring- Michael's/ Bag- Mulberry for Target

Worn with MAC Cosmetics Process Magenta lip pencil and Red Electric pigment powder.
I also tried some new Revlon nail polish in "Emerald". Obviously, the colors are a bit off from the photo editing.

16 comments:

  1. amazing! love the bag!
    xoxo Sienna
    http://fashion-sienna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You remind me of Tavi! Great style, adore that ring! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit.
    I mean I love all your outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice photos, love the ring!

    vist my blog (:

    http://pineplanet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous bag and you're rocking those red lips! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love your style,
    you are so unic! :D
    http://www.endondeyovivo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. your mulberry bag really stands out! i love the color combinations

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the bag!!! and your dress is amazing love all the sequins
    <3
    http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazeballs! love the editing here. your smile is adorable.

    xxx
    www.theleatherweather.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. FABULOUS!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.goodwillhuntingg.com

    Check out my feature with GoodwillNYNJ!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so so cute! i love that purse! :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think the ring is the best. really great !
    greetings from germany ♥
    http://mademoiselle-isabell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that dress! it so pretty and the red lipstick really pops out too!

    I just found your blog and i really like it!!

    Im a new follower!

    Please follow me too??!!


    marja <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that dress. And love that you made it into a daytime dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!