Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dot Versus Plaid

Originally this outfit was inspired by the plaid-floral combinations from the Versus 2011 Spring/Summer collection (scroll down for photos). I was going to pair this plaid blouse with this skirt. The print match was rather beautiful, but the silhouettes did not want to work together. The length and the button-up collar were old-looking, and it looked kind of Little House on the Prairie. It was lacking the modern playfulness that it needed.
So, I pulled out my trusty, red-dotted skirt and instantly added a funky, retro vibe to the classic plaid. The red and green combo is one of my favorite color schemes right now. When I wear it, I don't think of "christmas colors". Actually, I just kind of like the colors together in general (after all, they are complements). Although I love the colors, people at school commented relentlessly on my "Christmas color outfit".
The color of this belt relates the two opposing prints seamlessly.
Shirt, GAP/ Skirt, Altered vintage from Goodwill/ Belt, Closet Case Vintage/ Bracelet, Claire's Accessories/ Sunglasses and Flowers, Forever 21/ Booties, Sam Edelman "Zoe"/
Worn with MAC Cosmetics Process Magenta lip pencil and Red Electric pigment powder.

The original inspiration...
*Photos from style.com

21 comments:

  1. Great outfit and your bracelet is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice. omg!!!!! VOVVVV!!
    krmzitaban.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really LOVE your style. Keep blogging girl!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.goodwillhuntingg.com

    My First “Haul” Video – Thrifting in Indiana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your skirt a lot!
    xx

    http://jardin-de-la-mode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is just darling!
    looove the red pokadotted skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant! love that belt. :)

    x,
    elanor

    p.s i awarded you the versatile blogger award. come check it out. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful photos! you look lovely :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just discovered your blog and am totally inspired. The combination of prints is gorgeous. I am looking forward to following you in the new year!


    xo Lynzy
    http://sparklingfootsteps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just found your blog and I must tell you : it is so pretty ♥ Also, I really like this outfit, especially the skirt and the bracelet !

    Huuuugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah your belt is fab so unique looking! Lovely outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely loving your style, had to scroll down for more and more posts after seeing this one! Consider me your newest follower :) Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello pretty :)

    at first i thought you were referring to the name of my blog (blogredhead) and i was going to tell you that it was inspired by a band "blonde redhead" but then i realized you were referring to the theme of my blog. hehe. the theme of my blog is "awesome, inc" i got it from the blogger template designer :) let me know if you need help or anything, k? until then take care!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is pretty amazing! obessing over your belt! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your style is so fresh & bright, that I have a big smile on my face right now ! I've worn so much grey and black these dark winter days, that I have so much to learn from you :)

    Thanks for becoming my follower,
    Story of a Day Well Spent

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous skirt, and I love that bracelet! Lips- I've never seen anything like it before :) Your style is so unique and unusual, you're clearly not afraid to take chances! Good for you :) I'm following.
    xox,
    Cee
    http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found your blog via Elanor's and boy am I glad! That bracelet is so rockin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous, fabulous belt...love your version of this inspiration.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!!! Amazing belt & bracelet great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the two patterns tied together!
    Just came across this blog a bit ago, can't wait to see more!

    mattersofmerrymaking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!