Thursday, December 23, 2010

Velveteen

Yesterday, I made a trek to a famed Goodwill in a far-away land called Spring Hill. It was brand new and shiny, but it was not as fantastic as others have told me.
Here's the thing, there is a distinct science to Goodwilling-- the prettier Goodwills tend to be pricier and the type clothing corresponds with locals of the area. For example, this Goodwill was located in a newer community, and the clothing was quite a bit newer as well-- hardly any vintage. Most of the clothing was from the early 2000's.
But anyways, I went with the goal of finding something velvet. I'm really inspired by this grunge-punk, textured vibe-- chunky sweaters, vintage graphic tees, long velvet/chiffon skirts, studs, combat boots, creeper shoes (such as these beauties), ect.
I found this velvet dress. I thought it might be slightly too Stevie Nicks-Colonial for me, but it's growing on me. I actually quite like it. I may cut it into a skirt, but I haven't decided yet.

On the days when I don't take outfit photos, I'm probably wearing this jacket. When I first discover something really wonderful, I tend to wear it pretty much every day in a row until the initial obsession wears off a bit. I put these brooches on this jacket approximately five months ago, and that phase has yet to wear off.

Vintage dress; Vintage blazer; Charlotte Russe lace top; Hand studded wedges; Forever 21 headband, glasses, stud bracelet; Jacobs by Marc Jacobs bone bracelet, Target belt.

5 comments:

  1. your blazer is adorable.
    and the dress is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures and I dearly love the dress thank you for following me..!and I shall too follow you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness that blazer is just amazing!!!!!!! love what you did with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so beautiful in velvet! merry christmas lady :) have a good one xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear you're lovely!
    i love all the pins on your blazer.

    merry christmas!
    xx elanor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!