Saturday, December 18, 2010

Nebulas and Polka Dots.

This sheer, nebula-esque fabric seems to be the perfect complement to the tiny dot. This dress seems to go with almost everything these days. A tiny polka dot in a neutral color certainly is one of the easiest prints to mix.
I've been trying to make these two garments work together for quite some time now. My main dilemma was making the silhouettes work together. A black patent belt was too much, my zebra belt was too wide, but the floppy knot of this satin ribbon seemed just right. It needed something edgy to balance the drape of the layers, so I added this new-to-me, but vintage brooch. One of my dear friends recently found it in her attic and thought I might find a use for it. It adds just the right amount of shimmer, and it gives the look a focal point.
Vintage polka dot dress from Goodwill, batik tank from my mom's closet, vintage sunglasses, H&M flower, tights and socks from Target, hand-studded cork wedges, vintage brooch.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Great mix of different patterns, and I totally know how it is trying to get that silhouette just right.

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.goodwillhuntingg.com

    Thrifted Balmain Inspired Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit. this top is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I wish I could put my finger on things like you do. Its like you always know exactly what makes the outfit. Me? I just just throw on what I like, and if it looks like it sounds like good song lyrics, then it works.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!