Thursday, December 9, 2010

Let them eat cake!

I recently watched Marie Antoinette for the first time, and it is definitely one of my new favorite films. The set and costume design is incredible, and the lavishly ornate textures, florals, and pastel colors are gorgeous and inspiring. I definitely recommend it!
I have several outfits and drawings inspired by these images in the works.

Lastly, but not leastly, the thing I find the most inspiring are her crazy and frivolous hairstyles. I must say, I've never seen anything quite like this.
*All images from various Google Images locations

2 comments:

  1. wow what beautiful dress she is wearing , i am so inspired ! :) i love them all
    whats the movie about?


    http://moncheri-lily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite movie! Beautiful outfits! You should try to design an outfit with her as inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!