Sunday, October 17, 2010

VOGUE...

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of stumbling into the oddest little thrift shop in Sewanee, Tennessee. I picked up this April 1996 issue of VOGUE magazine for the low, low price of 10 cents. When I returned home, I Googled the issue, leading me to an Ebay listing for the same magazine for $24! Talk about a bargain!
As I was flipping through the magazine, I had a sudden spark of cleverness.
I'm going to start a collection of VOGUE magazines!
I'm going to keep them in pristine condition, and I'm going to resist the urge to rip out all my favorite pages.
And someday, when I'm old and gray, I'll have this massive collection of perfect VOGUE magazines dating back to forever ago.
I think this has the potential to be really incredible.

2 comments:

  1. what a score! i love old fashion magazines--they can be soooo inspiring and sometimes you discover/learn more about designers and how their labels developed.

    cute pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fantastic idea! I was in Louisiana visiting my grandmother last Christmas and went exploring in her attic only to find her 100s of saved Vogues, Cosmopolitans, and some of my mother's Seventeens, dating from the 1930s to 1980s. It's definitely worth saving things like that to be able to look back on or share with others years later :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!