Thursday, October 14, 2010

Boy Meets Girl

This outfit is a perfect example of my favorite type of look-- the contrast between masculine and feminine elements. I paired the frilly, dotted blouse with the rugged, baggy shorts quite thoughtfully. The bag and the flower headband add to the girly aspect. When I wear a look like this, I try to modernize it with some super-funky pieces-- such as the bag (for obvious reasons), the shoes, and the asymmetrical insect earrings.
It's official! I'm obsessed with my Mulberry for Target handbag.
At first, I was slightly hesitant about the bold, pink pattern. I wasn't too sure that I would be able to wear it often enough to make it worth my while. However, I've carried it every day since I bought it last week. It has challenged me to mix and match my prints even more so than I do as is. Who ever would have thought pink cheetah would coordinate perfectly with a black and white polka dot?! I purchased this blouse several months ago off the sale rack of the old lady department of Belk. It was just too retro to resist. I hardly ever wear it, but after seeing how it looks with this handbag, I've fallen back in love.
Shorts, vintage Rustler. Blouse, some random brand from Belk. Shoes, Aldo. Tights, Target. Bag, Mulberry for Target. Earring, Betsey Johnson. Sunglasses, Flowers, Forever 21.

2 comments:

  1. Love the bag! Youre so pretty!loving the blog ;D

    <3

    www.somethingmagicalcouldhappen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!