Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bolo Tie.

My dad gave me his old, vintage bolo tie quite some time ago. However, I've struggled with the styling. I recently came to the conclusion that the look is just too buttoned up with full length sleeves. In order to make a casual button-down look youthful and flattering, I can't cover both my arms and neck. Therefore, if I'm wearing my tie, I need roll up my sleeves. I've never actually worn this shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and I love it! It almost has a boy-scout kind of feel to it.
I have recently become a whole lot more adventurous with my mismatched patterns. I have four patterns in this outfit! When I first starting mixing prints, I thought a striped tee under a floral dress was adventurous! Oh boy, the times have changed!
Also, I got some new geeky glasses at Claire's the other day! The light pink is a graceful alternative to the boldness of black.
Bolo Tie, Dad's closet. Shirt, vintage from Goodwill. Skirt, Thakoon for Target. Shoes, Nine West. Socks, Target. Tights, Flowers, Forever 21. Glasses, Claire's Accessories.

5 comments:

  1. Love this outfit so much :)
    www.dianas-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so jealous of that tie, haven't seen anything like it before its so pretty ;) Also love the glasses

    amazing blog!

    www.somethingmagicalcouldhappen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can say that fashion history world is a very fair and traditional. It gives us styles, a new think for live life. Many more important tags about fashion history we can understand in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can say that fashion history world is a very fair and traditional. It gives us styles, a new think for live life. Many more important tags about fashion history we can understand in this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!