Thursday, August 5, 2010

(Faux) Crocodile Rock

Shirt, Charlotte Russe. Shorts, altered vintage Rustler mens' denim. Handbag, Necklace, vintage. Shoes, hand-studded Limelight wedges. Belt, Sunglasses, Betsey Johnson. Bracelet, Claire's Accessories. Flower, Forever 21.

I've been carrying this vintage handbag for the past few days-- ever since I saw this post from Mila at Fashion Rocks. When I have carried this handbag in the past, I have just used the short, handbag strap. And I haven't used it in over a year. In fact, I had completely forgotten that I own it. I bought it at a yard sale a few years ago from a friend. It's a vintage purse that her mom bought in Russia. And I feel that it's important for me to point out that it's not real crocodile. It's real plastic. And I love it.
I just bought this shirt yesterday at Charlotte Russe. I have been looking for one for a while now after seeing many on Natalie of Natalie Off Duty like this. The contrast of the vintage-y lace and the distressed denim and studs. It's such a versatile layering piece-- I can picture it under and over numerous tops, dresses, and skirts in my wardrobe.
Find me on Twitter, Tumblr, or Facebook.

7 comments:

  1. I've noticed Charlotte Russe has been producing the exact same things as F21 lately - like this top. I'm sure they've always been copying eachother, but the other day I ventured to CR and saw exact garments from F21 aha I think it's amusing. Anyways, I love that you paired this girly top with boyfriend shorts! So cute and playful

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice lace top!!! stunning!!!

    xoxo jenna
    http://thepetiteblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shoes, You look so sweet and lovely :) I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing outfit. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your accessorising, those shoes are gorgeous and the necklace!!!! love it.

    http://www.repeatwithbrazen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful :)))

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some amazing things going on in these photographs. First of all, your slouchy shorts are too cute. Second, your hair piece is the perfect addition to this outfit. Third, that blouse, I mean come on I don't really have to explain that one. And Fourth, your purse is lusty worthy for sure.

    XO
    Megg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!