Saturday, June 5, 2010

A wonderful, new, slouchy tank was born...


This is what I wore out to lunch and to a movie yesterday. I made my top out of a Hanes white tee from the boys department. I screen-printed the red design. It was my first time screen printing and I wasn't having the best of luck. The whole time it was either globby or really faint. After many attempts, I decided to run with the unpredictable qualities. I made a new screen using contact paper cut into jagged stripes. I pulled out a brand new tee shirt and had at it. The main thing that was holding me back was that I was being way to careful. I was much more satisfied with the product when I just let loose and had fun with my design. After the tee shirt had dried, I cut out the arm-holes and neckline and finished the raw edges on the sewing machine. TA-DA! A wonderful, new slouchy tank was born. I made a point to show the back of the tank as well. I like the variations of darkness and pattern.
Top, D.I.Y.. Skirt, Wilster. Shoes, Limelight. Necklace, Betsey Johnson. Sunglasses, Betsey Johnson. Bracelet, Party City. Flower, Forever 21.

6 comments:

  1. i am so inlove with this outfit.
    so perfect for summer.<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the slouch + full skirt. & that necklace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful slouch, it is perfect with that skirt

    great post as usual girl

    http://moncheri2311.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww ur necklace is so cute, love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Love your look. The nacklace rocks!
    Oh and I have one maybe stupid question:
    Would you send me the teenvogue best dressed reader badge. You know that I got best dressed reader of the day but my e-mail account deleted it. So now I don't have the badge.
    If you wanna send it to me here's my e-mail:
    diana.zurloewen@gmx.net
    Love diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Your sandals, and omg, the necklace is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!