Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Touch of Turquoise

Lately, it has been so painfully hot that all I want to do is throw on a simple outfit whenever I go out. Once I put this on, I realize how boring my black and white ensemble was. That was... until I borrowed my mom's beaded necklace. And TA-DA-- a simple, yet marvelous outfit was born.
*Twirling*

This is my mom's new beaded necklace that I keep borrowing from her. She bought it a T.J. Maxx recently. It has no identification tags as to where it came from originally, but alas! It is quite sensational indeed.

These are my new sparkly socks I picked up off the sale rack at J. Crew recently. The subtle sparkle is a great alternative to the scrunchy, gray socks that I wear all the time.

Shirt, vintage. Skirt, Wilster. Shoes, Via Spiga. Necklace, T.J. Maxx. Socks, J. Crew. Sunglasses, Forever 21. Flower, Forever 21.


Follow zoe_schlacter on Twitter

Hey Zach. Thanks for being a good (snarky) friend.

12 comments:

  1. I adore your glasses!
    Lovely outfit<3

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable outfit!!! i love that you broke the black and white ensemble with those teal beaded necklaces!! awesome! :D

    sybil
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the necklace!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute cute. Love love love those sexy cat eye shades. So Gaga!

    my blogs:
    ♥La Stylin Girraffe♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. THERE'S A BOOK ABOUT SNARKYYY????!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QKOpcETmjc

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely outfit..!

    http://chouchouslittleworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That necklace looks exactly like the one I've been lusting over at Nordstroms since February (and your mom probably got it at a fraction of the price!) Love the punch of color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your glasses. they remind me somewhat of lady gaga, which is a very good thing indeed.
    the hint of colour is perfect. don't be afraid to wear black and white though - that's what my entire wardrobe consists of basically!

    Ellen at The Raven and the Cellar Door

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable, your outfit is great!!
    Love the shoes=)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice nice nice. That necklace is just made of circular beads, but the layering and the bright color make it dramatic! Yay for drama! I like!

    teri at tintedseaglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with this look! The stripes, the turquoise, the oxfords and the sparkly socks are a brilliant addition!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  12. hot sunglasses! love the outfit, the frills on the skirt are so cute :)




    x amie
    http://heartbeats-intimidation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!