Tuesday, June 1, 2010

To stud... or not to stud???

So ever since I first discovered the Jeffrey Campbell "Tick" wedges and saw all the D.I.Y.'s encompassing the blogosphere, I have wanted studded wedges of my own. I have been searching for the perfect pair of inexpensive wedges to act as the canvas for the D.I.Y.. The one post that really made me want to do it was this one from Walk the Sand. I found these Limelight wedges at Rack Room Shoes.

I wore them today, and I love them bunches. The woven leather is my favorite part. They also have lots of height, but are still easy to walk in. I found located the right flat-backed silver thumbtacks at Home Depot today, but someone had bought the last bulk package the day before. But the thing is that now, I don't know if I want to stud them. My mom suggested that I wear the bare cork throughout the summer and them stud them at the beginning of the Fall, when the cork goes out of season. I'm thinking that would look great with scrunchy socks in the Fall and Winter.

Here is a picture of the D.I.Y. from Walk the Sand. This is what I want them to look like.
The originals Jeffrey Campbells...

What do you guys think??? To stud... or not to stud???

Follow zoe_schlacter on Twitter

11 comments:

  1. Cute idea, but I don't think that will look that good, because your wedges have straps, so it doesn't have the chuncky rock-star vibe that the other have. I say no... only if they weren't strappy, the other two look great because they are not....

    my blogs:
    ♥La Stylin Girraffe♥
    ♥ SHOP La Stylin Girraffe♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I've been looking for some wedges to do the same thing with ever since I saw the girl from Walk the Sand do it, as well.
    And yeah, I agree with the above, you need some wedges that aren't strappy.. otherwise they'd be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted this! I had NO IDEA about this BRILLIANT DIY trend going around, and am so glad that I am now in the loop. I am now on the hunt for a pair of cheep wedges to stud!!

    http://shoesfordessert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Studs!:D

    Just came across your blog today and just followed you.:D I hope you can give my blog a visit and maybe follow too?:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont think they will go well with your pair of sandals, I think they are hot just the way they are! love them.
    But you could try and see :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your Mom is a very reasonable person :) As you see people have doubts if it's going to look nice so maybe don't do anything to the shoes you like already, and then if they're out of fashion you may try to alter them somehow. And if it doesn't work? Well, they'll be old-fashioned anyway... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let us see the result if you decide to stud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh tricky one! They do look cute just like this. would you do silver or gold?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stud definitely!

    jessy-missj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!