Friday, June 25, 2010

Safety Pins n' Stripes

When the Zac Posen for Target was released, I was super duper psyched. I marked my calendar months in advance, and arrived at Target only shortly after the doors had opened. As I perused the collection, everything looked shiny and pretty and wonderful. However, I was quite disappointed once I brought everything into the dressing room. Nothing seemed quite right-- in terms of its construction, and also in it's fit and proportion. It reminded me of that part ofConfessions of a Shopaholic when Isla Fischer's character wrote that piece on the cashmere coat she bought at a sample sale that "promises to be your best friend when you first meet" but turns out to be 95% acrylic. The deception of the shiny and pretty and wonderful had failed me.

That was... until today when I was skimming the sale rack of Target and I found this blouse. Its an XL, but I love it's billow-y silhouette. I thought it was the most beautiful pattern in the collection, but I only remember it in a maxi-dress and an oddly-shaped scarf. And once again, both of these garments deserted me. This shirt has returned order to the world once again. It goes with everything, and it makes me smile...
Top. Zac Posen for Target/ Shorts. vintage from Goodwill/ Shoes. Nine West/ Necklace. Juicy Couture/ Bag. vintage/ Bracelet. Party City/ Flower. Forever 21



Follow zoe_schlacter on Twitter

9 comments:

  1. Love, love the floral print and the stripes! Perfect.
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    Purseapalooza giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers and stripes never go wrong. (: I think I said that before on here but it's true, haha. I agree, lots of his pieces weren't as fun as they were on the internet.. poo. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you mixed the prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sei tanto tanto tanto carino !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the first picture, so beautiful :)

    xx,
    dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the prints on your shirt! its so colourful- i love colour!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love Confessions of a Shopaholic!! It's my favorite movie!:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great! love the print, really suits you! you look lovely :)
    Olivia x
    www.something-like-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!