Sunday, June 27, 2010

Robin's Egg Blue

Dress altered vintage/ Shoes Nine West/ Bracelet Forever 21/ Belt vintage/ Sunglasses Dad's closet/ Headpiece Forever 21

I bought this dress at Goodwill, with the intention of re-working it into something more appropriate fror modern times. Although it took me about three years to get around to it, I'm quite pleased with the results. It used to have a collared neckline and was about a foot longer than it is now. I also switched out the buttons for some shiny, new daisy-shaped fasteners. I love the robin's-egg-blue color and the [almost bowling shirt-like] stripes.

9 comments:

  1. that dress is lovely! you did a great job with it. i also adore that hairpiece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the last photo is amazing!!!
    Love those shoes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress, daisy buttons-awww! :D xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you did an awesome job with the dress. really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the headpiece! Sometimes Forever 21 surprises me with the beautiful things it has... xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. the last picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!