Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tim Gunn!

Today I went to a Tim Gunn- hosted fashion show! It was so much fun! I had the opportunity to meet Tim... again. I just love everything about Tim Gunn-- he's intelligent, well-rounded, and chic! But most importantly, he knows what he's talking about. Every one of his Project Runway critiques is valid and constructive, and he gives great advice. Last year, when I got to meet him, I asked him what counsel he would give to an aspiring designer of my age. He told me, "Read books! Know your fashion history and the people who came before you." Meeting Tim Gunn has had quite the impact on my ambition and desire to accomplish my dreams. Today, when I saw him again, he asked me where I got my jacket. I was quite proud to announce that, being the savvy shopper that I am, I had purchased it at h&m. I had my picture taken with him, and I gave him my blog business card. So Tim, if your reading this... Hi!
This is my mom and me with Tim!
Here are just some of the hundreds of photos I took...
I love this swimsuit! Retro swimsuits are one of my new favorite things! This one is Juicy Couture, and a teensy bit out of my price range.
Love, love, love this Kate Spade jacket!
There's a video on Tim Gunn's Facebook Page of the event, and I can see myself in it! Click here to see the video. As you can see, there were tons of people there!

I'm also on the Tennessean website! Click on the screenshots to see more pictures of chic people at the event.

16 comments:

  1. Love the H&M red jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow very awesome. and great advice, too... <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Juicy Couture swimming suit is soooo cute! Love it!
    xoxo,
    Kate
    sos-please-helpme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool!!!

    This jacket seams to be perfect for you!!! Red fits you so well and you look like a fairy - in a totally good way =)

    <3
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the retrto swimsuit, too! :D and ahh, Tim Gunn! You meet so many amazing people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW how lucky you got to meet him! I think he's great.

    See you soon.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. RAWRRRRR, Tim Gunn. Floral dress there is gorgeous. Love your jacket! :)

    Trilby. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah,i also have the jacket and everyone asks me where dod i get it!!! i really love your blog and i hope we could follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tim Gunn is oon my Top 10 list of fashion related people who I actually give a rats about! He is truly awesome. (Awesome is hardly a word he would deem fit to use in a description of himself but I have no where near his abundant vocabulary of stylish words)

    JEALOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so cool, I'm so so jealous! My fashion club went to a fashion show hosted by him in the beginning of the year but I couldn't go :(! I hope Tim comes to your page :)

    lovelove, M.
    http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky ! & I'm in love with the swimsuit

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahh!! the fashion show looks like so much fun and you look adorable!

    Anna Katrina
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I am totally jealous of you. LOL! That is so awesome you got to meet him and I have no doubt he did check your blog and was quite impressed. ;) He was probably also pleased to meet such a stylish young girl. (There are so few of us these days, it seems).

    Omg...and yeah. I totally want that Juicy Couture swimsuit. I'm going to be dreaming about it all summer now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!