Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Perfect Combination

This is what I wore to school today. Lately, I have been having this craving to wear stripes with studs. I know that may sound odd, but I just love the look of a bold stripe and a punk studded accessory. It's the perfect combination to punk up any outfit. I balanced out the punk-ish qualities with a pop or two of hot pink. And my ostrich brooch is a never-fail finishing touch.
This studded bracelet was part of my Halloween costume for a couple years in a row. I was a goth person-- tattoo sleeves and all. Now, I can't get enough of it. It adds another dimension of funkiness to any outfit. Isn't it odd how some of your favorite wardrobe items come from the random-est places?
Dress, Jean Paul Gaultier for Target. Blazer, Vintage. Shoes, Mixx. Bag, Vintage. Brooch, Forever 21. Cuff, Party City. Sunglasses, Target. Flowers, Forever 21.

Follow zoe_schlacter on Twitter

11 comments:

  1. The brooch is SO cute. I like that you've gone pink with the stripes instead of the usual red. Gives you a quirky take on nautical...like it! Love the JPG x Target dress and your boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look comprises so many elements that I adore, but all with a twist. So elegant, yet quirky and interesting. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just discovered your blog, and I love it :) the touches of pink really make it pop, and I totally want your sunglasses! I'm following :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww love the brooch !! the outfit is beautiful and perfectly coordinated as usual
    C,x

    http://moncheri2311.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with this outfit! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your stripes! And how you matched your boots to your flower, amazing. :)_

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blazer is HOT! Looks great with the broche and stripes. Great styling =)

    Come check out our new fashion blog if you like.

    xx

    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the color connettion- u look perfect in every detail as usual hun.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you´re style! I like it how you combined the stripes and pink shoes together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the outfit so much!!! Seems as you can wear whatever you want and I'm absolutely thrilled by it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT!!! Just looove your style!!!

    Veronica
    http://blameboogie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!