Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! To celebrate the holiday, I went out to brunch with my family. My mom and I took some pictures afterwards. I love my mom so much, and I don't know what I would do without her wonderful fashion advice! And I must say, I am quite proud of her chic-ness, you always look great mom!
This is the necklace I gave my mom for Mother's Day. When I went to Dillards the other day, I discovered that Korto Momolu, from Project Runway, had designed a line of jewelry for the store. I was so excited-- I loved her so much when she was on the show, and I remembered that she made several incredible necklaces for her finale collection. Anyone remember the seatbelt coat she made??? I've never forgotten it. All of her jewelry collection is super duper neat. I definitely recommend looking at it here.
This is what I wore. This vintage Flora Kung dress used to belong to my mom, and I've I admired it for a long time- I've just never had a good opportunity to wear it.
Here's a closeup of the dress's coordinating belt. I love the mismatched prints...
I was going to wear my purple booties, but the tip of the heel broke at the last minute. Quite the bummer. I wore these instead.
Me:
Dress, vintage Flora Kung. Necklace, Vintage. Bag, Target. Shoes, Mixx. Sunglasses, Target. Flower, Forever 21.
Mom:
Coat, Diane von Furstenburg. Necklace, Korto Momolu for Dillards.

1 comment:

  1. you both look gorgeous! :D

    Veronica
    http://blameboogie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!