Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hula-Hoopin'

Today I had the brilliant idea to use a hula-hoop in some of my photos. I haven't hula-hooped in a very long time, and I was quite surprised to learn that I haven't lost my chops. I must say-- I have won quite a few hula-hooping contests in my day. After I took photos, I realized that I had about 50 photos in a row of me hula-hooping, and I thought it would make a really awesome stop-motion video. I have friends that make a lot of stop-motion films, and I thought I might try one.
Skirt, Forever 21. Shirt, Marc by Marc Jacobs. Bag, Vintage. Necklace, Vintage. Shoes, Via Spiga. Socks, Target. Bracelet, Forever 21. Flower, Forever 21.

Here is my first-ever stop motion video that I threw together in a jiffy. It only took about 10 minutes. I just really wanted to see how easy iMovie was to use, and it is quite easy indeed. The song is "Imitosis" by Andrew Bird. Sorry it's all squishy and weird and tiny-- I'm new at this. You can get it to be a little bigger if you double-click on the black part and go to the TinyPic link.

17 comments:

  1. I love the hula-hooping photos, especially the second one! I'm impressed that you can hula, let alone take good looking pictures WHILE hula-hooping! If it were me, I'd look a mess ha! Oh, and I loveeee that skirt!!

    I'm having a small giveaway on my blog if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photos dear!
    the skirt is so pretty <3


    join my giveaway :) 1205 giveaway
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stop motion. Plus, how cute/funny are you! Who would have thought of hula hooping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute skirt! Wish I could hula hoop just as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! I love the whole post! outfit, video, everything! Good job keeping those hula skills! I tried recently and knocked over a bunch of stuff in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your video. I haven't hula hooped in years but you've inspired me - it looks so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such cute photos! love the blog

    dressed-to-digress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, adorable skirt. I absolutely love it!

    my blog: ♥La Stylin Girraffe♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you're really good at hula-hooping! It looks really fun when you're good at it, but I never really got the hang of it. I'd like to try and learn it again, though, as it's a great way to work out your abs ;)

    Love the colour scheme in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the skirt!!!

    xoxo jenna
    http://thepetiteblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photos!
    Amazing
    Love your blog too
    now following :)

    Amy Jessica
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I play with my hula like a few weeks ago, I forgot how much I love it, It's just so fun! I feel like a little girl playing it. Anyways I love your skirt it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. grest pics ;)
    love the skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome!!! I'm so in love with your style, hun! Again: Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are too cute! And your skirts is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!