Monday, April 12, 2010

Oh J. Crew, You Know Me Too Well

I have admired the plethora of wondrous items in J. Crew for a while now. But alas, I don't think I actually own anything of their's. However, I LOVE the styling in their catalogs. I get so many outfit ideas! I adore the unique color combinations that give an inimitable twist on their classic, preppy style. It's so modern and fresh, I can hardly stand it. J. Crew, thanks for being awesome.

In this look, I have a strong liking of how the various colors coordinate seamlessly. Pea green, light pink, baby blue, and a checked shirt has never looked this modish. I am also in love with the layering of skirts. And on top of all of this, a statement necklace?! Who woulda known?!
Believe it or not, I really want a pair of overalls after seeing these next two pictures! The paint and bleach spattered, medium-wash denim is genius. I also am a big fan of the monochromatic socks and sandals. As I like to call it... a modern update of the ultimate fashion "don't". And the sequin tank!? One word- wow...
This photo is just too cute for words... the contrast of the girly, strapless dress over a tomboy-ish tee, and topped off with a messily tied studded belt. Oh J. Crew, you know me too well.

4 comments:

  1. Overalls?? Wow, chic!! I like. I saw some at Goodwill the other day, but hesitated. Now I have an idea of how to wear them.

    La Stylin Girraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I love Jcrew catalogs, such good styling.

    Also I love a girl who shops @ Goodwill! I'm right there with you! such good finds :)

    Cheer, Jesa

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm loving the double layered skirt on the first look. gotta try that one for myself now.

    www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got my new J.Crew catalog too! i fell in love about 6 months ago, but it's kind of expensive for me. I love their styling! they always have the perfect combination of functional but chic clothes that are both girly and classic. I love all then fenton-fallon statement necklaces that they've had created.

    p.s. i love your blog! i've been channeling your flower look by wearing some f21 flower pins in my hair the last few days! i got lots of compliments!

    paperkitesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!