Saturday, April 24, 2010

Project Runway Finale!

The Project Runway finale on Thursday was quite the event. I was so, so, so nervous. You should definitely check out Tim Gunn's Blog, his opinions are spot-on and well supported.

Seth Aaron: I thought Seth Aaron's collection accurately displayed his edgy sense of style that he has shown the whole season, but with a level of maturity. It was an interesting combination that he pulled off seamlessly. I thought every one of his pieces demonstrated his impecable craftsmanship. I was rooting for him the whole way through!


Emilio: Before the Tim Gunn home visits, Emilio was my second favorite. However, his finale collection was incredibly disappointing. I had just said (with a negative connotation, I might add) that "it was so 90s!" And then Raven Simone popped up on the screen with the statement "I liked that, it reminded me of the 90's. I'm totally bringing back the 90's!" with the accompaniment of a smile and an o.k. sign. Apparently other people really liked it, including Anthony, which kind of surprised me. But I will say, I quite loved his namesake print.


Mila: I thought that Mila should have come in 2nd place, rather than Emilio. I thought her finale collection was some of the strongest work she has displayed her whole time on the show. Even though I thought it was a little bit too casual to be "winning work", I was surprised at how much I liked it. My favorite piece was the last look-- the shell-like T-neckline dress.


Who do you think was the most qualified to win??...






Speaking of Project Runway, remember Christian!? Oh, who am I kidding, who couldn't remember Christian!?! Well I came across this video on his Twitter earlier today. He's very pixie-like and adorable.

And don't forget guys-- follow me!!!
Follow zoe_schlacter on Twitter
Follow Girl with the Flower

11 comments:

  1. that is not a man that is a deformed girl w/out tatas! so weird but so cute. have you read his book? its amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for seth! just watched it yesterday and was so happy he won!!!!! mila's oversized tops were really cool as well!

    xoxo jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. yaaaaay seth!
    love this post, and your blog!

    PLEASE ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL PRADA GIVEAWAY!

    XOXO, BECCA
    http://fashion-train.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw i love project runway, germany airs the season with christian on tv right now and he's definetly my favorite xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they`re all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. couldn't agree more with the judges decision..apart from his amazing talent, seth aaron's personality definitely won me over..he totally deserves it! I just wish Jay had made it to top 3, his collection looks more exciting..sorry to say I kinda got bored of Mila's designs by the 4th episode :(

    thanks for the video..christian siriano always cracks me up ;D

    eclectic du jour

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Christian. He was so awesome and still is, great video. I love that he wears women's blazers sometimes because he is so tiny.

    my blog: ♥La Stylin Girraffe♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there,

    I just came across your blog and I really enjoyed it, it's very cool!

    Please have a look at my blog too!

    I hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My boyfriend and I were rooting for Seth Aaron the entire season. I liked Emilio's work, but his head was way too big to be appreciated. And I never ever liked Mila throughout the entire show. She was so predictable with her colorblocking and black and white. I did however, really like the first look in her runway show.

    http://shoesfordessert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling! Thank you so so much! Means a lot! Lots of love from Brussels x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Project Runway, is so Fierce! ahah

    beijo *

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!