Thursday, April 29, 2010

Polka Dots and Moonbeams

This is what I wore to school today. I made this dress this past fall. I used to wear it a lot, but strangely enough, I haven't posted it on the blog yet. What's uber-cool about it is that it's made out of fabric from a vintage dress. Cute and eco-friendly. I have been playing around with iPhoto effects today, because I can't seem to get Picnik to work on my MacBook anymore. I think this high-contrast, black/white look is the perfect complement to the retro feel of this dress.
Here is a color picture of the dress.
Here's a closeup of the socks and shoes...
Dress, handmade. Belt, vintage. Jacket, vintage Levi's. Brooch, Forever 21. Shoes, Aldo. Bag, vintage. Socks, Target. Sunglasses, Target. Flower, For Love 21.

This is what the dress used to look like. I cut off the skirt portion and made the waistband into the top of the bodice.

Follow zoe_schlacter on Twitter

9 comments:

  1. great look, I love your dress... So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Dress !
    xoxo
    http://agnes-bb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chic. Love the polka dots and the socks with those shoes!

    my blog: ♥La Stylin Girraffe♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress!!! It's awesome that you made it. I love the socks with the heels with this look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look ADORABLE :D
    my dress-making skills have nothing on yours!!! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOSH! I am totally thrilled by your look! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!