Friday, April 9, 2010

Polka Dots and Butterflies

I am back from New York City. I'm both sad that my trip is over, but also happy to be home. My trip was incredible and definitely had a substantial impact on my fashion point of view.
This is what I wore today out to lunch, and then on a successful trip to Goodwill. I found some really cool pieces, that I will be sharing very soon. I made this skirt out of material from a vintage dress. I loved the red polka dot print- I have a bit of an addiction to stripes and polka dots. I automatically find piece of clothing ten times more attractive if it's emblazoned with one of these two prints. My lovely hound-dog Eleanor decided to crash my photo session, and I took advantage of the situation. She is quite photogenic. My other dog, Domino, would also be great in photos, but she's terrified of my Nikon D40. Bummer.
This is a close-up of the scarf that I wore as a belt. It's vintage, from Goodwill. I adore the Liberty of London-esque butterfly illustrations. And I didn't think I could go wrong with the dollar-fifty price tage. I thought I would try it a belt, rather than a scarf. Seeing as how the length is really awkward- odd length and a strange rectangular shape.
I got the idea to wear my scarf like this from this picture from British Vogue. As soon as I saw this picture, I thought of it.
This is my new bag that I bought in NYC. I love it's blue color- I don't have anything like it! I fell in love with it's texture. I really like the pucker-y, checked, and stitched material.
I wore these oxfords the whole time I was in New York City, and I just realized that I never really posted a close-up of them. I picked them up at T.J. Maxx last year, and have recently fallen in love with them. They are definitely my go-to flats!
Skirt, handmade out of vintage fabric. Scarf (worn as a belt), vintage. Shoes, Via Spiga. Bag, street vendor in NYC. Tee Shirt, Jacobs by Marc Jacobs. Sunglasses, Target. Blazer, New York and Company. Necklace, Target. Flower, For Love 21.

15 comments:

  1. Awww, such a cute skirt, very pin-up. Love the bag total fash-gasm!! You look adorable.

    www.kellynicky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh i am IN LOVE with that bag! super cute, just like you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous as always! <3 love the skirt and the tee!
    with love

    http://theminetteissue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous bag!!!!! the blue colour is perfect! brightens any dark or plain outfit!!! love it!

    looking great and pretty as always in ur pics! btw love ur shades, round sunnies are so in right now and very chanel-esque!

    xoxo jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice outfit! I;m jealous at your bag

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bag! I went to Goodwill yesterday too, but I was kinda shocked. When did their prices get so expensive?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great outfit, but maybe you want to go a little lighter on the accessories and makeup or else you lose something about your edge. For instance, the hair flower clip so close to the sunglasses which is so close to the red lip stick sort of draw attention up there and away from the outfit. I would also eliminate the scarf belt because it clutters the look too much. I would also switch the shoes to doc martens but overall, love your style.
    xx,
    http://www.onceuponafad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blue-red combo, but i think that the flower is a little too much. I think that the belt scarf is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing outfit,that MARC JACOBS tee is insane !
    PS:Love the dog !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow,love it,following you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that skirrtt, ahh, the red polka dots are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog via chictopia. Love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome colours, really summery. Love the look.
    Gracie,
    foxvoxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. that bag is a KILLER! that electric color is just divine...

    xo.
    princesspolitico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!