Thursday, April 8, 2010

"My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person."

Today I went to Madame Trussaud's wax museum in New York. I thought I would be pretty tourist-y, but it was actually really fun! They had figures of people that I wouldn't quite expect, like Andy Warhol and Jean Paul Gaultier. By the way, my title is an Andy Warhol quote. I am also sporting a new belt and a new bracelet at the Marc by Marc Jacobs "Special Items" store. The belt resembles a snake, and also works well as a necklace. The bracelet is a gray-silver bangle that looks like bones linked together. I'll have to share some close-ups in the next few days. I bought a "new-used" film camera yesterday too. It's a Pentax K1000 and I'm really excited to see how the pictures turn out. I'll be sure to post some of the prints!
Here are some pictures of Mr. Warhol and me...
Here's Jean Paul Gaultier and me. I'm really loving his outfit of mismatched prints.
with the Beatles...
Chillin' with Einstein...
Dress, Forever 21. Blazer, New York and Company. Shoes, Via Spiga. Socks, Target. Belt, Jacobs by Marc Jacobs. Bracelet, Jacobs by Marc Jacobs. Bag, Gryson for Target. Camera, B&H Photo. Flower, For Love 21.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so lucky. I would love to make it up to NY so I can go there. Love the one with Andy.



    Http://kellynicky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. i love new york. LOVE the shot with einstein! really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! so funny :) I wish I could be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe,

    Thank you for your kind mention of B&H Photo. On behalf of all of us at B&H Photo,
    please accept our warm thanks and deep gratitude for your patronage. We look forward to earning your trust and continued business for many years to come. Kindly accept my invitation to check out our new blog at www.bhinsights.com

    Hershel K. Waldner
    B&H Photo, Video, Pro Audio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I love the Einstein one. I think I might get too creeped out to go to a wax museum...but I have a crazy imagination!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!