Saturday, April 3, 2010

More Wondrous New York Adventures

Today was my second day in New York City, and I had many amazing experiences. I explored Noho and Soho, and came across several interesting shops and local vendors. One of which is Topshop! I have wanted to go there ever since I first heard of their trendy, "it-girl" vibe. It was even more amazing than I could have expected even though I didn't buy anything. The New York location was celebrating its 1 year anniversary. They had set up a photo booth in the front lobby, and photographer and blogger, Elizabeth Spiridakis of WHITE LIGHTNING was there taking pictures. I had my photo taken in my new h&m jacket that I bought yesterday. I am totally in love with it. It has wonderful strong shoulders and rosette-embellished fabric. And the even cooler part, is that it's made out of 100% recycled polyester! Chic and eco-friendly. (Hopefully I can get some better pictures later on, when I can use my scanner rather that my camera.)
Here are some other pictures I took in front of a really cool door across the street.
Jeans, Guess. Jacket, h&m. Tee Shirt, Men's Hanes. Shoes, Via Spiga. Necklace, Vintage. Bag, Gryson for Target. Sunglasses, Target. Flower, For Love 21.

While in the area, I also found Screaming Mimi's Vintage. I had read about them in a magazine, and I made sure to locate them on my map. They have a really cool selection, and unique displays and interior designs. I would definitely recommend it.
This evening, I went to a Steve Cohen magic show at the Waldorf-Astoria. It was quite AMAZING... He used me in a magic trick and he gave me the deck of card that he used, and afterwards, he autographed one! How cool is that!? I got pretty dressed up and I wore my new headpiece from For Love 21. It's pretty elaborate, but I don't get too many chances to wear it. Bummer.
I also bought a wonderful pair of shoes today. I will have to share them with you later!
Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more New York City fashion adventures!

13 comments:

  1. AWESOME h+m jacket - love the proportions of the shoulders!

    xo.
    princesspolitico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jacket suits really good!

    p.s: I gave you a blog award. check it out at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOooh how much I'd like to visit NY city!
    Love the jacket! That's from the garden collection right??
    You're lovely in it!
    xoxo Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah your last dress is supercute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO ENVIOUS. I love NYC. (Who doesn't? If you don't love it than.. you're a loser.) What's the occassion?

    And I saw that jacket at H&M yesterday! I was incredibly enthralled by the detail of the rosettes. I'm debating doing a DIY version of it, but I don't think I have the patience...

    Thanks so much for stopping by!
    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i adore your red h&m jacket! :D
    i've been wanting to visit top shop, i just haven't really searched for one near me. :)

    i'm now your new follower. follow me too? :)
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your shoes. Even though they blend in they're so.. HELLO I'M A GREAT PAIR OF SHOES. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your jacket! It's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That red jacket is the jam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the red coat divine..........

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg* i like you style very much : )
    Preppy girl.



    http://mathilde-tran.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!