Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Inspire the star-struck, aspiring couturiers...

At the event, I had my photo taken by a few local online, and print newspapers. They were posted today. The screenshots are links to the webpage and to albums of other chic people there. These are from The Tennessean and MetroMix.

So, ever since I got tickets for this event, I have had my heart set on meeting my hero, Isaac Mizrahi. I saw him at the fashion show- both at the beginning, and at the end when he did his final walk. (During the final walk I was literally four feet away from him! Oh my goodness!) At dinner, I walked around the room and I couldn't find him anywhere! I was slightly downhearted, but I need to once again remind myself-- maybe I'll be one of these famous designers one day that shows at fundraisers and inspires the star-struck, aspiring couturiers.
The musical guest was "Little Big Town". Not necessarily a big fan, but they were really good! Both of the ladies are wearing Isaac dresses. The one of the right is my favorite.
They were selling one of his sketches in the silent auction... starting at $3500. I'm thinking that it might be just a wee bit out of my price range. Oh well. Once again, I'll just admire from afar.

Almost all of my runway images are super duper blurry, because the models were really bouncy when they walked. Sorry guys. You can see the whole Fall 2010 collection on Style.com.
These next two looks are my favorite. The jeweled fabric is to-die-for and so incredibly, jaw-droppingly gorgeous. I would love to have a pair of sequined, high-waisted shorts like these in my wardrobe. And that jacket... oh my goodness.

1 comment:

  1. Really nice bling, I love how everything is embellished with some sort of metalic studs, lucky you!

    my blog: ♥La Stylin Girraffe♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!