Friday, April 2, 2010

I Spy With My Little Eye... Trench Coats!

Today is my first day in New York City! This is what I wore today- on the plane this morning, and also around the city the rest of the day. I love how many chic people live in this city. I am surrounded by interesting, fashion-conscious people on every street-corner.
Dress, RACHEL Rachel Roy. Blazer, vintage (Goodwill. Tights, Hue. Shoes, Via Spiga. Bag, Gryson for Target. Flower, For Love 21.

One thing that I have taken note of is that a substantial number of women are sporting what seems to be the "it thing" to have on- a Burberry trench. Most of the women (and men) pair them with straight leg, dark denim and cute, flat shoes; such as Puma sneakers and Chanel/Tory Burch- like flats. I can usually tell when the trench is Burberry. The itty-bitty details make all the difference, such as the wrist strap and of course the lining. Here are some "it thing" outfit photos from Lookbook and Chictopia.
Cosey Fanni T. on Lookbook, Franz S. on Lookbook
LOOKBOOK.nu: LOOKBOOK.nu:
Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more New York City fashion!

6 comments:

  1. I love your dress with the mixture of different patterns, and your blazer together. I've noticed this trend too - and MUST get my hands on a trench immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the dress.have fun in n.y

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress! The colors are so pretty on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you have an award in my blog. You can claim it here:

    http://shegotsstyle.blogspot.com/2010/04/princess-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spy with my little eye...a new blog to follow! I like your blog :)

    -Elizabeth
    www.style-and-city.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I Love NYC! Just came back from the city two days ago. I've just started a blog and need some advice so please check it out. http://isabelaml.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!