Sunday, April 4, 2010

I Heart Public Art

Happy Easter everyone. Today was quite eventful. This morning I had a facial at Mario Badescu, and strolled around the city for a few hours. At lunch, there was a woman seated next to us that I'm about 90% sure was a celebrity. I just can't figure out who. But either way, it was exciting! Then I did some more strolling, and took lots of pictures, especially of some public artwork. I am surrounded by inspiring photo ops and artwork every moment of every day. I thought I share some of my favorite pieces with you. I'll have to show you some of my recent photography soon too.

Jeans, Guess. Tee Shirt, Urban Outfitters. Scarf, Forever 21. Blazer, Vintage (Goodwill). Shoes, Via Spiga. Bracelet, Forever 21. Sunglasses, Target. Bag, Gryson for Target. Flower, For Love 21.

This is a giant sculpture outside of a bank or something like that. It's Hello Kitty as a wind-up toy.
Here is also a Koons balloon dog sculpture that was in the lobby of another bank. I've always wanted to seen one in person, and today was my lucky day. It just a appeared out of nowhere.
This is a mosaic that was in the lobby of the Waldorf-Astoria. I just love taking photographs of mosaics. They are always so inspiring, and they make such good computer screensavers!
And I saved the best for last... a Robert Indiana LOVE statue. Tooooo cool. I've always wanted to see one of these as well!

7 comments:

  1. u look great and gorgeous scarf! and i love using mario bedascu products!!!

    xoxo jenna
    http://thepetiteblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just seen you on Teen Vogue: Girl of The Week, how cool, congrats! You have a great style and I love the flower on your head it's really sweet. Hope you have a great day!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that hello kitty sculpture is boss. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so neat that you got to see a koons dog balloon! i've always wanted to see one too... you have a lovely blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are completely adorable! I love the flower in your hair, it's perfect with your sweet style!

    Love,
    Aya ♥ StrawberryKoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that black blazer is so cute! you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog on TeenVogue.com and it's an amazing coincidence that I'm currently visiting NYC too! I saw your pictures of Soho and I was there the same day as you and even took a picture of that colorful door by Starbucks!
    Anyway, have fun on your trip :D I know I am!

    -Juliette WhereForArtThouRomeo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!