Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Feeling a Little Modern-Punky Today

This is what I wore to school today, and then to a play rehearsal afterwards. I made this dress out of another dress that I bought at Goodwill last year. I got it because I really loved the print. It reminds me of the Alexander McQueen line for Target several months back. It had a print really similar to this featured on many of the pieces. The top part had a square neckline, and it had long drape-y sleeves. It also was about 3 feet longer. The first thing I did to it was to gather the neckline and give it a "sweetheart" kind of neckline. I felt like that gave the dress a more flattering overall shape. I really like it with this studded belt. I think it really ties together the whole modern-punky motif.
Dress, Handmade out of a vintage dress. Tights, Hue. Blazer, New York and Company. Scarf, Museum Gift Store. Shoes, Nine West. Belt, Target. Bag, Vintage. Ring, SFMOMA gift store. Flower, For Love 21

10 comments:

  1. The photos are just really amazing as it can be, very vintage if you can really tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job fixing up that dress! Find dresses that could be oh so cute at the thrift store is my newest hobby. I really like what you did to this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice blog!

    xxx,
    Sarah (www.runwayrebels.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thank you for following! I really like your outfit, and love your haircut (I recently had a full fringe :) )

    Serina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is very cool ! And you've got a funny bag !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a look I could see myself wearing, love it!

    -Empress

    http://truequeen.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute!
    http://fiercepose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!