Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Renaissance of My Scrunchy Chinos

Newsflash everyone! I officially have over 50 followers. And those steady readers and visitors probably remember a few weeks back when I made the goal to have 50 followers by the end of June. Sounds pretty crazy now, doesn't it? Well, I have decided to be bold and raise my goal to 100 followers by the end of June. Spread the word guys- comment, follow, tell your friends!

This is what I wore out to dinner this evening for my mom's birthday. I got my inspiration for this outfit from some of my favorite blogs, Natalie Off Duty and Karla's Closet, and also from J. Crew's lookbook. I adore the look of "scrunchy-looking" chinos. And I feel that all of these inspirations fully represent that effortlessly chic, menswear-esque vibe. I got these pants a long time ago at a local thrift store, and I was planning on spray painting them different different colors with overlapping lines and strokes. But it never happened. These pants have been sitting in the dimly-lit abyss of my closet all this time. They were probably "hanging out" with all my recently discovered Custo Barcelona tees. These pants now have new life, and will never again sit in the dark alone. I have already thought of numerous different outfits to go with them. I love pairing them with this punky studded cuff. It came from my Halloween costume a few years back when I was a goth person.
Chinos, Banana Republic. Tee Shirt, Hanes. Blazer, New York and Company. Scarf, Forever 21. Necklace, Betsey Johnson. Bracelet, costume store. Shoes, Forever 21. Bag, Vintage Coach. Flower, For Love 21

11 comments:

  1. Great pictures, loved your blog btw, check out ours whenever you want. We invite you to follow it.
    Love,
    A&A

    http://this-is-simes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! Nice necklace!

    http://tallandsmallchronicles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cuffed pants, very nice. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I love you guys! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit! :)
    Congrats on having over 50 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those scrunchy chinos. I want some! I like the way you put your outfits together, very creative & personal

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say i love your layering at the top...ur flower makes you look very unique...nice pictures

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!