Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Channeling Chanel

This is what I wore to school today, and then to run some errands afterwards. I bought this jacket several months ago in the "old lady" department of Belk. I thought it looked very Chanel, and I loved it's vintage feeling, especially the trim and the buttons. I have never worn it, and I just recently decided what to wear with it. There were several inspirations for this outfit, including the J. Crew catalog and several magazine photos I have found recently. The trick to pair it with more masculine pieces to offset it's feminine qualities. So I wore my "boyfriend jeans" and a Hanes tee from the mens section. I also added some funky touches, like the floral bib necklace and the bright colors- the pink belt and flower, the purple booties, and of course, the clock bag. I got these jeans at a local thrift store to wear as "boyfriend jeans". I cuffed them using elastic in the pant-legs to make the bottoms fit snugly. I also tried to distress them recently, and failed horribly. It just proves how good quality and rugged Lucky Brand Jeans are. It took me about forty-five minutes just to make one tiny hole. I tried a cheese grater, some heavy duty sandpaper, and a seam ripper, but eventually just decided to break out the scissors.
Jeans, Lucky Brand. Tee Shirt, Hanes. Jacket, Belk (New Directions). Shoes, Payless. Necklace, For Love 21. Bag, Vintage. Belt, Target. Sunglasses, Dad's closet. Flower, For Love 21

16 comments:

  1. Cute cute tweed blazer. :_)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are definitely Chanel chic with that jacket, and I'm in love with that purse! It's so cool!!

    lovelove, M.
    http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glasses really set off the outfit. It's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that bag is AWESOME. This whole look is absolute perfection. I love it. I'm in love with it. Beautiful. That is so funny about the jeans! Ha! I keep trying to wear my husband's jeans to the effect of: "Why are my jeans rolled up?" Um... ;-) But the butt never looks right! I shall have to try finding a pair in a thrift store! Great idea! Here I was going to pay 70 bucks for a pair of "boyfriend" jeans at Gap!!

    heart:

    purplestinkindogtoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU'RE FABULOUS! I ADORE YOUR JACKET AND YOUR NECKLACE! VERY VERY COOL!

    XOXO

    http://theminetteissue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg this is perfection! I never would have thought to style it with just a t and boyfriend jeans (and of course the accessories!), but this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your purse, your purse!!!
    simply quirky-vintage, i love it!

    - Robbin
    www.hellocreation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. loooove the outfit!!!! the necklace,i want..heheh

    following you now! love if you could do the same.xo

    http://takosntekila.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just started following your blog - this outfit is simply divine... absolutely love all of the little details, especially flower bib necklace!

    keep up the cute posts!

    xo.
    princesspolitico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pop of color your flower provides, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love that necklace, it´s really so so pretty!

    http://pinkwater-lily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. three words: i love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!