Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fashion is Really Another Art Form, Like Acting or Painting

This is what I wore to school today and then to run some errands this afternoon. I made my skirt out of a vintage dress. I love the bright colors and the geometric print. I also have a matching tie belt that I made to go with it, but I liked the way the black patent looked with the rest of the outfit. When I began altering the dress, I loved to many elements of it. I couldn't decided whether I wanted to make a top, a dress, or a skirt. I eventually decided on the skirt, because I loved how the bow belt gave it a retro feel. I also made my shirt. It is a men's Hanes tee shirt that I embellished with iron-on transfer paper. It reads, "Fashion is really another art form, like acting or painting". It was a quote that I got from Teen Vogue. I had been saving it to use in a collage. But then, when I got a new scanner, a whole realm of possibilities opened up... iron transfer shirt designs! So I scanned it, printed it on iron-on transfer paper, then cut it out and arranged it on this tee. And voila! A great new tee shirt!!!
Skirt, Altered Vintage. Tee Shirt, embellished Hanes. Tights, Hue. Shoes, Payless. Blazer, New York and Company. Bag, Vintage. Ring, Michael's. Flower, For Love 21

6 comments:

  1. hey girl!lobely as usual!is that areal clock?xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING PICS! LOVE YOUR FABULOUS SKIRT AND YOUR BLAZER!!

    XOXO

    http://theminetteissue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures, very gorgeous! & the skirt is lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!