Monday, January 25, 2010

The Miraculous Tale of a Girl and Her Skirt

This is what I wore to school today. This skirt has had quite a long life... I bought it at Wet Seal two years ago at one of those "Buy-one-get-one for a penny" sales. When I bought it, it had two shiny black buttons on the pockets and was about 4 inches shorter. I decided that it was my new favorite skirt, because I loved its retro feel I didn't have anything like it. Well I wore it for several months- about once a week on average. But as I constantly washed, dried, and wore my lovely skirt, it began to shrink. It shrunk and shrunk until it no longer fit within the qualifications of my school's dress code. Disappointed and discouraged, I stored my skirt in the closet for several weeks to come. Until one day, my mother had a wonderful idea. She told me that I should sew a black band onto the bottom so that I may once again wear my skirt to school. At last, my glorious skirt could live again.
Skirt, Wet Seal. Shirt, Hanes (Men's). Blazer, New York and Company. Tights, Target. Bracelet, For Love 21. Shoes, Aldo @ Marti and Liz Shoes. Bag, Target. Flower Headband, For Love 21.
"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
- Pablo Picasso

4 comments:

  1. Super cute combo of the girly dress and the boyish blazer, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a way to start wearing such a beautiful skirt again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool blog

    Check out aramatic.blogspot.com and follow if you like what you see.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Your wonderful comments mean so much to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!