Friday, January 1, 2010

The First Day of a New Decade

Today was the first day of a new decade! How exciting!?!? This is what I wore to go see Sherlock Holmes this afternoon and then to dinner afterwards. The skirt that I am wearing is made out of an old pair of mens jeans and two ties. Its interesting to me how many "lives" this skirt has had. First, it was a simple pair of jeans that a man wore, until he probably sold them to a thrift store. A designer then bought the jeans at the thrift store, and turned them into this fabulous skirt. The designer sold the skirt to a wearer. And finally the wearer sold them to the designer resale boutique in San Fransisco where I bought it at the lovely price of twelve dollars. Another part of this outfit that I like is the jewelry. The necklace is made out of zippers wound into tight circles- probably my favorite piece of jewelry that I own. I put a lot of pictures below, because I like them all, and I couldn't decide which ones I wanted to post. I hope everyone had a great New Years' eve!!
Skirt- 2hand
Shirt- Jacobs by Marc Jacobs
Bag- Betsey Johnson
Shoes- Aldo @ Marti and Liz Shoes
Blazer- New York and Company
Necklace- San Fransisco MOMA gift store
Flower- For Love 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!