Saturday, December 26, 2009

Fashion is Really Another Art Form

This is a picture that I took last night when I was putting together outfits in my closet. The silhouette of this outfit was originally inspired by Agyness Deyn- oversize tshirt and skinny jeans. The style also reminds me of House of Holland. Henry Holland, the label's designer is a close friend of Agyness Deyn. But it was this tiny hat and the pose that really set off the whole Agyness thing.

Shirt- Gift (from Nashville Clothing Company)
Jeans- Guess
Shoes- Forever 21
Necklace- handmade by my lovely mother
Hat- Forever 21
.
I believe that fashion is an art form, and these photos below are the perfect mesh of photography, art, and fashion. One thing that I have been doing a lot of lately is editing my photographs in Photoshop. I enjoy making my photos look like they were taken with an old-fashioned format or camera, and sometimes I like to go crazy and totally rearrange the different hues. It's really interesting to see what comes out of it, because the new color schemes I create often present themselves as inspiration for a new painting, sketch, or outfit. Quite Andy Warhol-esque, don't you think???


4 comments:

  1. this has to be, by far, the cutest picture of you i have ever seen!!!
    and the outfit is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Celeste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that is such a cute picture! :)
    Your pictures should look more like this! xD love the outfit.
    KEEP IT UP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. spread the word guys.. spread the word...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!