Sunday, December 27, 2009

Shopping my Mom's Closet

This is the outfit that I wore out to lunch this afternoon to eat Chinese food. My mom wore this sequined top to a costume party as a flapper in the 80s, and I saw it in her closet a few months ago. It's short, so I always wear a white tshirt under it. I also like the contrast between the toughness of the motorcycle jacket and the softness and girliness of the sequined top. Heres a picture of the whole outfit together...

Top- Vintage
Tshirt- Target
Jeans- Guess Jeans
Shoes- Payless
Bag- Charlotte Russe
Bracelet- Forever 21












The difference between the softness and the toughness in this outfit reminds me of one of my favorite looks from Valentino 2010 Spring/Summer RTW...
*Runway images from www. style.com *

“A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.”
.................................-Coco Chanel



2 comments:

  1. Love the flower in your hair.
    It's always great to shop in mum's closet, great finds without paying for it!
    X, fashionnerdic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!!! It's very cool to know that I have a reader in Rotterdam- one of my favorite cities!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!