Saturday, December 26, 2009

Contrasting Colors and Patterns

This is the outfit that I wore today. I got to use my new bag that I got for Christmas! Handbags in bright colors are a great way to spruce up your wardrobe, and this color just so happens to be one of my favorites! I also like the contrast between the two complementary colors- just one of the many connections between fashion and art.
Trench Coat- Zara
Shirt- Rodarte for Target
Jeans- American Eagle
Shoes- Nine West @ T.J. Maxx
Bag- Marc by Marc Jacobs
Bracelet- Forever 21
.
I love how visually pleasing the red/orange hue of the handbag is against the graphic navy and white stripes. Contrasting colors and patterns like these are widely used in many designers' Spring/Summer collections, especially at Proenza Schouler and DKNY...


*Runway images from www.style.com* Another one of my favorite newly discovered Photoshop tools- a lense flare effect.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I couldn't do this without my lovely readers, commentors, and followers! I'll be sure to check out your blog too!